BMTC issues different types of Passes to cater to the different sections of the society according to their needs.
BMTC monthly commuter pass rates, travel facilities offered & special benefits
|Sl. No.||Category||Rate||Travel facilities offered||Special Benefits offered|
|1||City||Rs.450/-||Unlimited travel in all non -A/C services within city limit for one calendar month.||7 benefits under * Rainbow Scheme.|
|2||Sub-urban /Pushpak/Suvarna||Rs.600/-||Unlimited travel in all City , Sub-urban and Pushpak/Suvarna services for one calendar month.||7 benefits under * Rainbow Scheme.|
|SPECIAL MONTHLY COMMUTER PASSES|
|1||Suburban -cum-Trumpet||Rs.700/-||Unlimited travel in all City , Sub-urban and Trumpet services operated between Trumpet and Airport Terminal for one calendar month.||7 benefits under * Rainbow Scheme.|
|2||Vajra Gold Pass||Rs 1250/- PM (Earlier Rs. 1500/-)|
|3||Vayu Vajra Gold pass|| Rs.2,550/- Special offer
||** Twin Benefits|
ID card for above all category of passes = Rs.100/- (valid for three years)
* SPECIAL RAINBOW BENEFITS:
As an incentive to the Monthly commuter Pass holders Rainbow Benefits Scheme has been introduced which includes the following benefits to the commuters holding Monthly Pass.
- 24 hours Insurance Coverage: Every valid monthly commuter pass holder is provided with insurance cover to the tune of Rs.1.00 Lakh is being increased to Rs.2.00 Lakh if he/she meets with an accident/incident resulting in loss of life or total incapacitation anytime/anywhere during the validity of the pass.
- Medical Reimbursement: Every valid Monthly Commuter pass holder is provided with a Medical reimbursement facility up to a maximum of Rs. 20,000/- is being increased to Rs.30,000/- towards in -patient medical expenses in case of injury from vehicular accidents. The payment will be made to the commuter on production of the necessary bills/vouchers, after due verification .
- Three Months Free Monthly Commuter passes to 50 monthly pass holders: All valid monthly commuter pass holders are entitled for inclusion in the monthly draw for the respective month. Every month lucky draws will be held on 25th and 50 lucky pass no. will be drawn among monthly pass commuters who will be given free monthly commuter passes for three months.
- Discount on parking charges: 50% discount will be given to all valid monthly pass holders on parking charges if two-wheelers belonging to the monthly pass holders are parked under "PARK AND RIDE" scheme at the BMTC notified places.
- Monthly cash award : Every month cash award of Rs.100/- will be given to 250 valid monthly commuter pass holders on the basis of a lucky draw which will be held on 25th of every month.
- Free Tour Packages : Free tour package to 10 monthly valid commuter pass holders in KSTDC buses or Rs.1500/- will be given based on a lucky draw.
- Yearly Bumper Prize
* * TWIN BENEFITS:
- Automatic Accident Insurance Coverage to the tune of Rs.10 Lakh in case of death or permanent incapacitation resulting from any vehicular accident.
- Medical Reimbursement up to a maximum of Rs.50,000/- in case of Accidental injuries necessitating inpatient treatment.
Senior Citizens Concessional Monthly Commuter Passes
|1||City||Rs.400/-||Unlimited travel in all non -AC services within city limit for one calendar month.|
|2||Sub-urban /Pushpak/Suvarna||Rs.540/-||Unlimited travel in all City , Sub-urban and Pushpak/Suvarna services for one calendar month.|
|ID card||Rs.100/-||Valid for 3 years|
BMTC has extended concession upto 25% of ticket value in all type of services including Black Board, Red Board, Pushpak, Suvarna, BIG-10 and Vajra buses for all the senior citizens who have completed 65 years. This has been given effect from 9.9.2009.
As proof of age any one of the following documents to be produced
- Senior citizen ID card issued by Govt. of Karnataka /India or any of its authorized agencies.
- Voter ID card
- Driving License
- PAN card
Day pass :
- Day Pass : Rs.32/- (permitted to travel in BMTC's city , sub-urban , pushpak/suvarna services for one calendar day )
- Gold Day pass : Rs.75/- ( Permitted to travel in BMTC's all services including Vajra service except BIAL dedicated services for one calendar day ) (Day passes are available with all duty conductors)
- Weekly pass : Rs.180/- (permitted to travel in BMTC's city , suburban /pushpak/suvarna services for 7 days) . weekly passes are available at Kempegowda Bus Station pass counter.
- Police Duty Pass: Rs.200/- per month (permitted to travel in all ordinary services) .
- Police Duty Summons pass : Rs.200/- per month (Permitted to travel in all ordinary services )
- Fire Force Employees pass : Rs.200/- per month (permitted to travel in all ordinary services )
- Blind pass : Free ( BMTC honors the Blind passes issued by KSRTC)
- Physically Challenged pass: Rs.375/- per annum (BMTC honors the Physically challenged passes issued by KSRTC). BMTC issues passes for Physically Challenged from 8.1.2010 both at Kempegowda Bus Station & Shanthinagar Bus Station. Rs.375/- is charged for both renewal and fresh passes on the basis of the recommendation letter obtained from women and child welfare department GOK.
Monthly pass issuing counters at BMTC Bus Station :
Kempegowda Bus Station , M.S. Building , KHB Colony , Rajajinagar 1st block , Malleshwaram , Basaveshwaranagar , Kamalanagar , NR Colony , BIAL Airport , Nandini layout.
STUDENT CONCESSIONAL PASSES FOR THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2009-10
BMTC will be commencing the issue of Student concessional passes for the academic year 2009-10 on a staggered basis(in tune with the academic calendar of events) to make the system smooth and hassle free for the students.This will be in line with arrangements of the previous years.BMTC is implementing the following directions of the Government from the current year.
- Free passes to Primary and Secondary level (1st to 7th standard) students from the current year.
- Extending of additional concession of 25% on the rates of student concessional passes to higher secondary level (8th to 10th standard) girl students.
Keeping in view the interests of the Students of both the state and central syllabus, BMTC will continue with the special measures introduced in the academic year 2008-09 :
- Provision for one time issue of 10 months/ 12 months student concessional passes to pre-university, under graduation, post-graduation, Professional, Technical & Medical students(5 months passes in special cases).
- Provision is made for extension of concession pass facility by one month to Central syllabus students on production of necessary documents on payment of one months prescribed fee.
- Travel As you Like passes to be made available to the students desirous of availing it.These passes will be valid from the month of issue and not bound by the BMTC's pass issue schedule which is applicable to other student concessional passes.
The above facilities are apart from the issue of 10 month passes which has been the practice since a long back. The category wise revised rates of student concessional passes for the year 2009-10 are as below :
|Sl.No.||Category||Period||Previous rate||Revised rate||Service charge *||Total pass rate|
|1.||Primary& Secondary students||10 months||Rs.60||Free||Rs.70||Rs.70|
|(one month extension in case of central syllabus students will be extended on expiry of 10 months pass period through stamping of the passes )|
|2||Higher secondary school students
||10 months||Rs .500 Rs.500||Rs.700 Rs.525||Rs.70 Rs.70||Rs.770 Rs.595|
|3||College students (including PUC , Degree & Professional)||5 months||Rs.550||Rs.70||Rs.620|
|12 months **||Rs.1320||Rs.70||Rs.1390|
|4||Tech & Medical Students||5 months||Rs.700||Rs.70||Rs.770|
|5||Evening college students||5 months||Rs.750||Rs.70||Rs.820|
Note : * Service charge of Rs.70/- including Rs.50/- Processing fee, Rs.10/- Insurance fee and Rs.10/- Information Technology fee is collected per pass apart from the actual rates irrespective of pass denomination.** PUC students excluded from 12 month pass facility.
The Revised rates of Travel As You Like passes are as below :
|Category||Including Rs.70/- Service fee *|
|5 months||10 months||12 months|
|Red board/Pushpak / Suvarna||Rs.1570/-||Rs.3070/-||Rs.3670/-|
Service charge of Rs.70/- including Rs.50/- Processing fee, Rs.10/- Insurance fee and Rs.10/- Information Technology fee The above pass rates are hinged to the rates of Monthly commuter passes and hence fluctuate with the rates of normal commuter pass.
Distribution OF PASS :-: To make the passes easily accessible to students in their own neighborhood, BMTC will be operating 30 distribution centers spread across the city and surrounding areas under the direct control of Divisional Traffic Officer, Kempegowda Bus Station.The list is as detailed below :
|Sl.No||Pass Issue counters||Sl.No||Pass Issue counters|
|1||Kempegowda Bus Station||16||Neelasandra Bus Station|
|2||Shivajinagar Bus Station||17||Hampinagar Bus Station|
|3||Shanthinagar Bus Station||18||Nandini Layout B.S.|
|4||BMTC Indiranagar Depot||19||Nelamangala B.S.|
|5||Domlur Bus Station||20||Matthikere Bus station|
|6||Jeevanbhimanagar Bus Station||21||Vidyaranyapura Bus Station|
|7||K.R.Puram Bus Station||22||Yelahankar 5th phase|
|8||Kalyanagar Bus Station||23||Rajajinagar 1st block|
|9||BMTC Depot RT Nagar||24||Malleshwaram Bus Station|
|10||Basaveshwaranagar Bus Station||25||BMTC Depot, Jayangar|
|11||Vijayanagar Bus Station||26||BMTC Depot, Katriguppe|
|12||Chandra Layout B.S.||27||K.R.Market|
|13||MCTC Bus Station||28||BTM Layout Bus Station|
|14||Kumarswamy Layout||29||BMTC Depot Electronic city|
|15||Kenger Bus Station||30||BMTC Bus Depot, Koramangala|
PASS Issue timings : Passes are issued between 0800 am to 0500 pm on all working days. (no pass issue on Sundays & General Holidays)
Free application forms will be made available at enquiry counters of all major Bus Stations on all days and at pass issue centers on working days.
Procedure for obtaining Student concessional pass :
- Free applications made available by BMTC at all its major Bus Stations and pass issue centers.Photocopies/downloaded printouts/ typed applications are all honoured.
- Only applications duly filled and attested by the Head of the Educational Institutions along with tuition fee receipt are accepted.
- From-To destination and change over place to be mentioned legibly.
- Production of tuition fee receipt for the current year for verification at the fee remittance counter is a must.
- Production of ID card issued by Education Institution necessary.
- Prescribed fee accepted only in cash.DD/Cheques etc are not honoured.
- In view of issue of ID cum pass with spot generated photo's, presence of the candidate is a must.
- All the above formalities need to be completed even at the time of renewal in case of 5 months pass holder.
- Obtaining of one time pass for the whole academic year is recommended to avoid inconvenience and multiple payment of service charge of Rs.70/- per pass issue.
- Improperly filled applications, non-production of tuition fee receipt for the current year attracts rejection.
- All other conditions governing issue of Student concessional passes remain unaltered.
BMTC Website: http://www.bmtcinfo.com