Emphasis on Infrastructure development
To remove the infrastuctural
bottlenecks that hinder the industrial progress and over all growth of the economy, the
government of Karnataka has proposed to undertake the following measures:
will actively associate in setting up captive power generation station, with suitable
distribution networks in all major industrial areas/estates, in association with the
private sector where such projects are needed.
will take up suitable water supply schemes whether on their own or in association with
BWSSB/ KUWS & DB and the concerned beneficiaries.
transport facilities to major industrial areas/estates from the nearby/adjacent townships
private industries/ associations, would be permitted to operate bus services, even in the
nationalized routes for specific industrial areas/estates on specified routes.
pollution control KSSIDC/KSIIDC/KEONICS would initiate following action:
1. Establishment of common effluent treatment plant in association with the concerned
2. Provision of suitable facilities/area for dumping/disposal of solid wastes
generated within the industrial areas/estates.
3. Planting of saplings/trees to improve the environment within the industrial
would earmark and an appropriate place within the industrial area/estate to create the
following facilities, wherever necessary:
1. Police station/Out Post.
2. Fire station,
3. Cr?che & child care units
5. Telecommunication and postal services
6. Educational facilities including it is.
7. Health care facilities like ESI hospitals, PHCs etc.
8. Industrial Housing.
would be the Nodal Agency in respect of all Industrial estates in the SSI sector. Where
necessary KSSIDC would associate the private sector in this endeavor.