Candidates who possess the following minimum educational qualification shall be eligible for admission to the Karnataka Two year Pre-University course.
They should have passed:
- The Karnataka Secondary School Leaving Certificate Examination
- Any other examination recognised by the Dept. of P.U. Education, Karnataka, as equivalent to the Karnataka S S L C Exam, for purposes of admission to the Pre-University courses.
- Candidates coming from outside the Country shall be admitted to the course only on the production of provisional eligibility certificate issued by the Department of P.U. Education. They should obtain such a certificate from the Director, Dept. of P.U. Education an application, enclosing a Photostat copy (duly attested by a Gazetted offices) of the pass certificate obtained at the qualifying examination.
- Candidates who wish to join the II PUC after completing the I PUC or equivalent examination from other states should obtain provisional eligibility certificate from the dept. of P.U. Education.
- Who have passed CBSE/ICSE within the State. Candidates coming from outside the State but within the Country, and getting admission to I PUC can obtain the Provisional Eligibility Certificate from the principal concerned, where the candidates seeks admission on paying the required fees. These candidates, need not obtain envisional eligibility certificate from the Dept. Principals of the colleges concerned have been given powers to issue the eligibility certificate.