AbalashramClaim this page
Abalashram was founded at the dawn of 20th century by the late Smt and Sri Venkatavarada Iyengar as a "Home" for total orphan girls and women with post-marital problems. Sri Iyengar paved the way for establishing Abalashram by marrying Smt.Krishnamma, a childhood widow. The burning ideals of Arya Samaj, his personal zeal for helping deprived women and the support he received from his life partner sowed the seeds.
Abalashram has several salient features that distinguish it from other similar organizations:
- Ashram is the home of residents, it is the veritable mother's place.
- Provides literacy to the illiterate.
- Ashram encourages to pursue college education up to diploma, degree and
- post-graduate level.
- Provides job oriented courses depending upon individual aptitude and interest.
- Job opportunities are provided in liaison with business houses, corporate
- bodies and private entrepreneurs.
- Excursions are arranged to educate and entertain.
Abalashram has lots of grand plans for the future. For the past hundred years we have been primarily concentrating on the welfare of the orphaned and destitute woman. We would like to expand our sphere of influence by starting the following for which we require your participation and help.
Santvana : an exclusive family counselling centre.
Souharda : a full-fledged marriage bureau for orphan and handicapped boys and girls.
Soubhagya : a centre for facilitating job placement for needy women and girls.
Swavalambana : a vocational training centre for underprivileged girls
Submit your company info here.