Diacon HospitalClaim this page
Diacon Hospital was started on April 8th, 1990 as an exclusive Hospital for Diabetes. It was started at a time when there were no exclusive Hospital for Diabetes & even today it continues to be the only Hospital exclusively meant for Diabetes in the state of Karnataka.
Diacon Hospital has always taken the social responsibility as its main priority. We have adopted Slums behind Binny Mills (Locality in Bangalore ) & patients are being seen free of cost for the last 5 to 6 years. We also run Free Type 1 Diabetes clinics on Sundays. Free drugs & Insulin are provided. Regular Public awareness programmes & camps are conducted all over the state.
Hospital has a full-fledged Research Unit with qualified doctors Research Associates. All the equipments needed for conducting clinical trails as per GCP guidelines are available. Multinational Multicentric studies from Phase 1 to Phase 3 Research projects are being conducted in the Hospital for the last 7 to 8 years.
- Extensive patient education program from qualified Dieticians & Educators
- Has state of art biochemistry & Hormones Lab with Internal & external Quality control programs. Supervised by a qualified Biochemist with a PhD degree
- Radiology department with state of art X ray, Ultrasound & Doppler equipment
- Cardiology department with Computerized ECG, ECHO and TMT facilities
- Optholmology unit with all facilities for Medical Retinal work
- Specialized Diabetic foot wear store to make custom made shoe
- Pharmacy with specialized Pharmacists to assist patients
- Medical records Dept. with Patients CRF from start date of the Hospital
- Full fledged Major & Minor OT.
- 15 In Patient beds which will shortly increase to 25
- Hospital run Diet kitchen/cafetaria for both ‘In & Out’ patient use.
- Separate Clinical Research Block to conduct Phase 1 to Phase 3 clinical research
- Full fledged Medical Library with Internet Facilities for students. All important books & Journals are available.
- Visiting consultants from Nephrology, Neurology, Cardiology, Pulmunalogy, Dermatology, Orthopedics, Paediatrics, ENT, gynecology, and Urology attend Patients as & when it is required.
- Rajiv Gandhi Medical university recognized Post Graduate “Certificate Courses in Diabetology” & RSSDI certified Fellowship courses in Diabetology
Submit your company info here.